What is Our Program?
One of the first programs in the state of Michigan to offer this level of care, PNLH’s IOPD program offers 4.5 hours per day of group therapy, 5 days per week with an individual session by a master’s prepared therapist at least weekly. (During COVID19, these services are conducted via video conferencing software PNLH has purchased. Our housing units have WIFI and some laptops furnished by PNLH to expedite video conferencing). Programs vary, but include day program with mixed gender, an evening program for men only, and another day program for women’s specific IOPD services. When services are back on site, PNLH’s shuttle van drives to and from the housing locations located about 10 minutes away from the office, to bring clients to the office and return them home at the end of the program day.
What Does the building look like – where will I be staying?
PNLH will provide the linen, towels, pillows, toilet paper, paper towel and cooking and eating utensils at the housing units.
What Should I bring?
- Casual attire, modest, workout clothing, enough clothing to last 1-2 weeks. Washer and Dryer capacity is available onsite
- Personal hygiene items (alcohol free mouthwash)
- Picture ID – if you have one
- Approved prescription medication (some prescriptions will be locked in PNLH’s office)
- Insurance card if applicable
- Bring some spending money to purchase groceries, etc.
- Do bring food you like as well as any pop or coffee you want to drink.
- You may bring your cell phone to this level of care as well as any tablet or computer.
- Do bring an honest open and willing attitude towards treatment – this helps you get the most out of treatment and sets a good foundation for your recovery!
Please DO NOT bring the following Prohibited Items:
- Alcohol or non-prescription/illegal drugs
- Any alcohol or drug paraphernalia
- Strong perfumes/colognes are discouraged.
- Any products containing alcohol
- Revealing clothing
- Clothing with alcohol or drug logos/graphics
- Do not bring excessive amounts of clothing or household contents. This will serve as a temporary location and we cannot be a storage unit for personal items.
- Magazines, books, or videos with sexual content
- Guns, knives, fireworks, or any item of potential danger or commonly used as a weapon
What is the Length of Stay?
The length of time you spend in this program depends on input from you, your therapists and your funding source for services. Typical lengths of stay for clients are listed below:
Withdrawal Management (Detox): 3 days
Residential: 14-28 days
IOPD: 30 Clinical Days (6 weeks)
DOP: 14-28 days
OP: 3-12 months.
Case Management, Peer Recovery Coaching and other support offered by PNLH varies and is provided as needed throughout the continuum of care.
What is the Aftercare?
Persons who successfully complete this level of care are often referred to and elect to continue with PNLH into the next level of care. The progression is:
- Withdrawal Management (Detox) client completes and goes to Residential,
- then goes to IOPD,
- then goes to DOP/OP services,
- then goes to recovery housing with supportive services.